You couldn’t prevent the motor vehicle crash, slip and fall, dog bite, or other accident that left you injured. Now, your only goal is to be fairly compensated for your injuries as you manage the pain, fear, and disruption to your life.
Our Bloomfield Hills personal injury lawyers understand that you don’t want to do anything that might make your life harder. This is why we’re sharing some common mistakes that we’d like to see you avoid as your case progresses.
Common Mistakes You Can Avoid Starting Today
Some commonly made errors by personal injury victims include:
- Failing to report the accident. It’s essential to report the accident to the police or property owner as soon as possible.
- Not getting prompt medical attention. Immediate medical attention will provide treatment for your injuries and help you manage your pain. Additionally, it may be useful evidence to prove that your injuries were caused by the accident.
- Failing to follow up with a medical treatment plan. If you fail to follow your doctors’ recommendations, you may cause further physical injury and jeopardize your financial recovery.
- Exaggerating their injuries. It’s essential to tell the truth about your injuries. The insurance company may deny your claim if you exaggerate your injuries and act inconsistently with your stated injuries.
- Posting on social media. Anything you post on social media may be misconstrued and used against you.
- Trusting insurance adjusters. Insurance adjusters are not on your side, despite how nice they may seem. Accordingly, you should remember that the insurance adjuster’s job is to get you to settle your claim for as little money as possible.
- Settling their claims too quickly. A quick settlement typically favors the insurance company. You should consider waiting to settle your claim until you know how long it will take you to recover and the full extent of your damages.
- Waiting too long to contact a personal injury lawyer. You have a limited amount of time to file a Michigan personal injury lawsuit. Once that time expires, an attorney can no longer help you.
Avoid Future Mistakes With the Help of a Personal Injury Attorney
You shouldn’t have to continually wonder whether you are doing the right thing to protect your personal injury recovery. Instead, you need to contact an experienced Michigan personal injury lawyer. Once you hire one of our attorneys to represent you, we will make sure that all of your rights are protected and that you avoid costly and unnecessary mistakes. Contact us today to learn more about your rights and possible recovery.