As a business owner, it’s likely that there are a lot of things that you choose to handle yourself rather than outsource to others. However, there are times when professional advice is critical to your business’s success. If you’re facing any sort of legal issue, the best way to protect the future of the business you’ve worked so hard to build is to contact an experienced business lawyer.
Five Reasons to Consult a Business Lawyer
You don’t know what you don’t know, but an experienced business lawyer knows how to protect your business and advise you about your options. Some situations where a business lawyer may help you include when:
- You are starting your business. It’s essential to choose the right type of business entity, to have the proper contracts and policies in place, and to consider all relevant government compliance issues before you form your business.
- An employee, contractor, or customer says something of concern. Someone involved in your business may say something that causes you to worry. Statements about discrimination, sexual harassment, unfair business practices, or defective products could be signs of potential litigation.
- You are considering a merger or acquisition. Whether you are buying or selling your business, you want to make sure that you’ve done your due diligence, completed all required regulatory findings, drafted a comprehensive buy-sell agreement, and taken other actions to protect your interests.
- You are buying or selling real estate. Real estate transactions can have significant financial impacts on your business. Therefore, you want to make sure that all real estate conveyances are done correctly to avoid future litigation.
- It’s time to close or sell your business. When it’s time to end your business, you want to ensure that your rights and interests are well-protected.
In each of these situations, you will remain in control of your business decisions, and you will have information that you need to set your business up for continued success.
How to Contact a Michigan Business Attorney
Don’t spend another day wondering if you are doing the right thing for your business. Instead, let our Bloomfield Hills business attorneys use our knowledge and experience to help your business. Call us, text us, or complete our contact form today to schedule a meeting to discuss your business needs.